NEW AT THE LIBRARY! We have just activated the borrowing of E-books through our Library! This program is called Cloud Library and is brought to you through the Maine State Library. Although this resource was initiated at our Library quite some time ago, it had not been functional until this past week! This is a wonderful addition to our Library's resources, especially during the pandemic we find ourselves in. Through this program, you can download e-books onto your device of preference. They are free and borrowed, just as you would borrow a regular library book. The book will be available for you to read from your device for a period of time and then, unless you renew it, will simply disappear from your device at the end of the borrowing period. *To use the program, all you need to do is this: Click on the "E-books" tab here on the Library's website. To log in, you will need your library card number from our Library. (If you don't know your number, contact us and we will give you your number.) You will then need to select your state, and also your library. Our library is listed as "Buxton: Berry Library". You should then be ready to select books and sign them out to your device. Happy Reading!
We continue to move forward, albeit differently than what we are accustomed to. We are continuing to offer Contactless book pickup in the Library's entryway during our open hours, as well as allowing a maximum of 4 people at a time inside the Library for a time limit of 30 minutes.
Until we can safely host In-Person Story and Craft Times for kids, we continue to provide one Take and Make Craft packet each month (available mid-month)
COVID Pandemic Response for Berry Memorial Library
1. There will be a maximum of 4 patrons allowed in the Library at any one time.
2. Patrons may spend a maximum of 30 minutes in the Library per visit.
3. Patrons and Staff will be required to wear a mask or face covering, which covers both nose and mouth. (Library staff will will also wear gloves while signing out materials to patrons.)
4 Patrons will comply with 6 feet of distancing from staff and other patrons.
5. Restroom will NOT be open.
6. Public access computer use will be limited to one person at a time, once per day, for a maximum of 30 minutes.
7. Materials browsing will be allowed. However, items removed from shelves, that you do not wish to sign out, must be placed in the pink bins provided. Those items will be disinfected and "quarantined" for a minimum of 72 hours before they are re-shelved. The same disinfecting and quarantining process will be carried out for all returned books.
8. Contactless Book/Movie signout will continue to be available in the Library's entryway for patrons who don't yet feel comfortable coming into the Library building.
If you have questions regarding our COVID protocols, please contact the Library at email@example.com or via Facebook Messenger.